There was a game that kids used to play at Girl Scout Summer Camp. It was called “Monkey in the Middle,” and it was designed for the person in the middle to catch the ball being tossed between the two others. Oftentimes the middle person gets super frustrated with the other sides.
I sort of feel that way when it comes to politics.
We are getting closer and closer to the next Presidential election. This is one of those critical moments when I hope people take a moment and really think about where they want our country to be perceived and grow.
I, for one, am anti-Trump. Always have been. I am not anti-Republican. I am not anti-Democrat. I am socially liberal and fiscally conservative. That makes me a centrist – Independent Moderate. I vote according to the issues and a person’s ability to be diplomatic. I never vote straight ticket. How can you? Not everyone lines up with my thought process.
I simply can’t pick a side. There are too many variables.
Here is what I need in a candidate:
- They need to have a firm grasp on this pandemic. What I mean by that is, they need to show leadership and follow science. Trump has NOT done that.
- They need to be a diplomat. How we get along with other countries is crucial in this global economy? Trump is NOT that.
- They need to understand the economy and how to present a balanced budget, yet take care of their citizens. Trump is not terrible when it comes to the economy, but the latter part… meh.
- When it comes to the citizens: Education, Safety, Jobs, and Healthcare need to be the priority. After reviewing the appointments Trump made, I would say he is NOT good at that.
- The environment is a big ticket item on the table. Trump is NOT good at protecting and setting standards to protect our planet for future generations.
- Finally, I need a President that is not divisive. Trump is the most divisive President I have ever witnessed.
Which is why, I am voting for Joe Biden for President.